I found this next video, seemingly hot off the presses, on 12-2-18…there are a lot of conservative & common sense voices displayed throughout!
This next video reminds us that freedom is never free…
I believe this song was inspired by 9-11 & it’s very moving!
I found the above video on a page featuring tweets at Stella’s Place here & immediately below is Stella’s explanation of Toby Keith’s song’s backstory…
First Amendment Freedoms on full display!
This is a video about the Boat Rescue of 9/11 & most of the suggested videos that come up on the full screen version I watched I hope to watch eventually…I’ll put the link below to the page I copied this from. God Bless the USA…
Here is another reminder to never forget 9-11:
Revolutionary War Era
I ran across a well done video showing period journaling & imagery loosely associated with the times & places. It contains music of the era as well. This is especially moving to me as I have a Revolutionary War Patriot Ancestor, Captain Orringh Stoddard, who signed up on April 19, 1775, perhaps after hearing Paul Revere’s call to arms.
Orringh Stoddard served in the Massachusetts Militia, signed up in Stockbridge in Berkshire, Co. MA. After the war he moved to the Broome County New York area. He was also part of a group of men who treated with the Indians in that time period (late 1700s-early 1800s.
Although the words & experiences are of the poster’s ancestor because of the similarity of their situations I like to think that some of what was seen & experienced paralleled my own ancestor’s experiences too. This video does a decent job of bringing a long lost era of our partriotic American heritage to life!
Here is the creator of the video’s post describing her work:
I ran across a test of “civic literacy” & here is how I did:
- Question:Which of the following fiscal policy combinations has the federal government most often followed to stimulate economic activity when the economy is in a severe recession?
- Your Answer: increasing both taxes and spending
- Correct Answer: decreasing taxes and increasing spending
- Question:Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:
- Your Answer: more tax revenue can be generated from free enterprise
- Correct Answer: the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends
- Question:In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President Roosevelt responded by threatening to:
- Your Answer: impeach several Supreme Court justices
- Correct Answer: appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his views
- Question:What was the source of the following phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?
- Your Answer: Declaration of Independence
- Correct Answer: Gettysburg Address
- Question:If taxes equal government spending, then:
- Your Answer: government debt is zero
- Correct Answer: tax per person equals government spending per person on average
- Question:International trade and specialization most often lead to which of the following?
- Your Answer: a decrease in a nation’s standard of living
- Correct Answer: an increase in a nation’s productivity”
This is what is typical:
Full Civic Literacy Exam (from our 2008 survey)
Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.”
Why don’t you try this test too & see how your knowledge stacks up? Some of the answers I “guessed” correctly & some were pretty well known. Honestly I was pretty pleased to see that I passed the test with a B- so that means my alleged knowledge is slightly above average. There were multiple questions on topics that I’ve had zero formal education but apparently have picked up some of that knowledge a bit since school…Check out the test yourself here:
Here is the link for a page where you can download several books for free:
The below video is a reminder that freedom is never free. This man & his family has paid a heavy price for our freedoms. He is a hero & worthy of honor…
More videos reminding us of the price of freedom. These videos are posted weekly at the Conservative Treehouse on the Presidential page:
The following video was found here originally:
Here’s another gem from the Conservative Treehouse posters:
I found the above video here originally:
Here’s a witty take on freedom of speech found at TCTH in comments:
This succinct citizen’s reminder of the importance of the Constitution & the 2nd Amendment, also posted at the Conservative Treehouse, is right on target!
Here is a moving admonition by Paul Harvey, skillfully woven with applicable imagery & music, to challenge us to return to our heritage of freedom, found at CTH:
Here is a classic comedy gem by the 3 Stooges, perhaps playing for a WWII era audience either overseas or on a bond-drive tour. My brothers & I could all quote this “Niagara Falls” dialog through the “inch by inch” part. Come to think of it I believe my kids can too! Please enjoy some silly slapstick by patriotic American icons…
updated this page on 8-8-18, 9-15-18, 11-1-18, 11-15-18, 11-17-18, 3-1-19 & 4-1-19…
Posts Related to Freedom: