I just ran across this complex article by a seeming dogged investigative journalist & found much of what he shared to be significant. There are many links provided to presumably substantiate what is offered & I wanted to reveal those links (& perhaps some of the key material gleaned from them) in this post. Here the article in question:
By the way, I stumbled on this article by looking at the various “pingbacks” to the Yaacov Apelbaum massive work of “The Mechanics of Deception” found here:
This post teases the above exhaustive work by Mr. Apelbaum & gives a couple more links to some posts of mine that dig in a little deeper to those topics too:
George Eliason’s article begins thusly (the top link above):
“People have been divided about the DNC hack-leak ever since the story began with the Chalupa-Isikoff article. These divisions run so deep they mark where people stand politically. Mutually exclusive positions range from whether or not Russians hacked the DNC or if the information was downloaded and then leaked, presumably by Seth Rich. All three are different positions.
This article culminates what I’ve learned about the hack-leak and the Information Operation surrounding this. It presents a much different perspective.”
“Recently, an investigative journalist who writes under the name Adam Carter was raked over the coals. Carter writes at Disobedient Media and has been providing a lot of evidence supporting the DNC leak story former Ambassador Craig Murray and Wikileaks claim happened.”
The first link above leads here:
This article is a detailed analysis of the so-called “Fancy Bear” “hack” of the DNC & appears to argue for the possibility that Crowdstrike is actually the source/cause of the “hack” & not the solution. It’s worth checking out by people with way more computer hacking knowledge to assess validity.
The second link above leads to this:
This post above is titled: The Man Who Cried Volf, by Adam Carter, posted July 9, 2018
Here’s how the above post starts:
“This is the story of how Mark Dougan (aka BadVolf):
- was involved in a deception attempt in September 2016 and effectively caught out fabricating evidence at that time by a reporter.
- created the “badvolf.com” domain in 2017 around the same time I was writing an article about the incident and had been making inquiries about his DCLeaks related claims.
- has only recently introduced Seth Rich and DNC emails to his claims and claimed to have been fully responsible for the DCLeaks site.
- has also fabricated evidence in the form of forum posts to try to reinforce his recent claims (adding posts citing “DNC” and then adding “DCLeaks” at a later stage) but has been caught out in a couple of different ways.
- has jumbled post IDs to conceal the fact he has retroactively injected posts into his forum.
- has tried to give invalid excuses for how people were supposedly able to access his site after it had been taken down and before it had returned on it’s new domain.
- had his new claims initially introduced by a site from a questionable source that was deleted just prior to Dougan giving interviews.”
The author presents a lot of evidence to support his contentions above & this thanks at the end, giving us clues as to where/how to do further deep dives ourselves:
“Thanks also to Internet Archive, archive.is, DsNet Corp whose archival services and stream-ripping tools have been invaluable research and evidence capture tools in this instance and seeing as though a key piece of evidence came from them, it’s only fair I say thank you to Google for their web page cache too – without that I wouldn’t have been able to show the out-of-sync interim post IDs on the pbsotalk.ru domain where the insertion of manufactured posts originally occurred!”
Back to our original aim, the Eliason article:
“When the smear article came out and apparently it’s blossoming into a campaign, a few people that read both of us wrote to the effect “looks like your work is the only thing left standing.” I immediately rebuffed the idea and said Carter’s work stands on its own. It has nothing to do with anything I’ve written, researched, or plan to.
I’d say the same about Scott Humor, Lee Stranahan, Garland Nixon, Petri Krohn, or Steve McIntyre. And there are many others. There has been a lot of good work on the DNC hacks and 2016 election interference. Oftentimes, what looks like contradictory information is complimentary because what each journalist is working on shows the story from a different angle.”
Here are the links in the same order as the above clip:
“Hack v. Leak? Not So Simmple” by Adam Carter October 15, 2017
“The Vinyard of the Saker: A Birds Eye View of the Vineyard” subtitled “The Saker, Stop the Empire’s War on Russia, Now Flying in Iceland” & Elison reference’s Scott Humor in this link so I’ll see if there’s more info about him as the immediately above link is to the site & not a specific article/post…Scott Humor comes up under the heading “news sources” & clicking on his name heads here: https://scotthumor.wordpress.com/ & here is his About Page info:
“Director of Research and Development for The Saker
My tweeter account @ScottsHumor
Also run @VineyardofSaker
Russian writer and journalist.
Currently researching augmented reality technologies used in war games.
My books on Amazon
And my books here https://scotthumor.wordpress.com/scotts-books/
I give them away in exchange for Bitcoins, and other cryptocurrencies.
Funny and terrifying encounter with the Shin Bet in the Enemy of the state
Humorous chronicles of post-Maidan Ukraine: ANTHOLOGY OF RUSSIAN HUMOR: FROM MAIDAN TO TRUMP
My articles re-posted by the Zerohedge:
Here are his offerings under the category Deep State:
Back to Eliason’s list we’ll now look at Lee Stranahan which link takes us here:
This is a 7 minute video…
Looking at Garland Nixon we find https://sputniknews.com/authors/garland_nixon/
There are many posts/articles here with one published nearly every day…
Looking now at the Petri Krohn link we find this: http://acloserlookonsyria.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Shaltai_Boltai
I believe this “Shaltai Boltai” or Shaltay Boltay is also mentioned in the Apelbaum piece…
Elison’s final link in the most recent clipped list is Steve McIntyre, following that link takes us to his twitter page of ClimateAudit:
Back to Elison again “According to Obama the hacks continued until September 2016. According to ABC, Donna Brazile says the hacks didn’t stop until after the elections in 2016. According to Crowdstrike the hacks continued into November.” Here are the links:
Elison again “This time frame gives a lot of latitude to both hacks and leaks happening on that server and still agrees with the Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPs). According to Bill Binney, the former Technical Director for the NSA, the only way that data could move off the server that fast was through a download to a USB stick. The transfer rate of the file does not agree with a Guciffer 2.0 hack and the information surrounding Guciffer 2.0 is looking ridiculous and impossible at best.” & the link:
This is a 10 minute youtube video…
More Elison “There are a couple of caveats that need to be made when identifying the Fancy Bear hackers. The first is the identifier used by Mueller as Russian FSB and GRU may have been true- 10 years ago. This group was on the run trying to stay a step ahead of Russian law enforcement until October 2016. So we have part of the Fancy bear hacking group identified as Ruskie traitors and possibly former Russian state security. The majority of the group are Ukrainians making up Ukraine’s Cyber Warfare groups.
Identifying the hackers as FSB or GRU today is as helpful and has the same validity as identifying Special Prosecutor Mueller as a cashier at McDonalds because he worked there during school. It’s insulting and self-defeating, so stop it.” & the links in order:
More Elison “If you look at the attribution section for the Tallinn Manual 2.0 on the International Law Applicable to Cyber and specifically the section that deals with peacetime attributions of a non-state actor/ hacker we have an answer…After 2013, Shaltay Boltay was no longer physically available to work for Russia. The Russian hackers were in Ukraine working for the Ukrainian government’s Information Ministry which is in charge of the cyber war. They were in Ukraine until October 2016 when they were tricked to return to Moscow and promptly arrested for treason.” & links in order:
This is a merged file of 44 pages called “”Peacetime Cyber Responses and Wartime Cyber Operations Under International Law: An Analytical Vade Mecum” by Michael N. Schmitt
30 pages of “Tallinn Manual 2.0 on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Operations”
When I originally read Eliason’s article this next section is what really stood out to me!
“The setup to this happened long before the partnership with Ukrainian Intel hackers and Russia’s Shaltai Boltai was forged. The hack that gained access to US top-secret servers happened just after the partnership was cemented after Euro-Maidan.
In August 2009 Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Chief of Staff at the State Department Huma Abedin sent the passwords to her Government laptop to her Yahoo mail account. On August 16, 2010, Abedin received an email titled “Re: Your yahoo account. We can see where this is going, can’t we?
“After Abedin sent an unspecified number of sensitive emails to her Yahoo account, half a billion Yahoo accounts were hacked by Russian cybersecurity expert and Russian intelligence agent, Igor Sushchin, in 2014. The hack, one of the largest in history, allowed Sushchin’s associates to access email accounts into 2015 and 2016.”
Igor Sushchin was part of the Shaltai Boltai hacking group that is charged with the Yahoo hack.
The time frame has to be noted. The hack happened in 2014. Access to the email accounts continued through 2016. The Ukrainian Intel partnership was already blossoming and Shaltai Boltai was working from Kiev, Ukraine.
So when we look at the INFRASTRUCTURE HACKS, WHITE HOUSE HACKS, CONGRESS, start with looking at the time frame. Ukraine had the keys already in hand in 2014.”
Here’s the link: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-02/huma-abedin-forwarded-top-secret-passwords-yahoo-account-hacked-russian-odd-clinton
from this zerohedge piece “After Abedin sent an unspecified number of sensitive emails to her Yahoo account, half a billion Yahoo accounts were hacked by Russian cybersecurity expert and Russian intelligence agent, Igor Sushchin, in 2014. The hack, one of the largest in history, allowed Sushchin’s associates to access email accounts into 2015 and 2016.
At the time of the hacks, Sushchin was the security director for Renaissance Capital – the investment firm which paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech in 2010 that was attended by Russian officials and corporate leaders. “The speech received a thank-you note from Russian President Vladimir Putin,” wrote Luke Rosiak of The Caller.”
Getting back to Elison again “According to Politico “In an interview this month, Chalupa told Politico she had developed a network of sources in Kiev and Washington, including investigative journalists, government officials and private intelligence operatives. While her consulting work at the DNC this past election cycle centered on mobilizing ethnic communities — including Ukrainian-Americans — she said that, when Trump’s unlikely presidential campaign began surging in late 2015, she began focusing more on the research, and expanded it to include Trump’s ties to Russia, as well.”…
All of these hacking and information operation groups work for Andrea Chalupa with EuroMaidanPR and Irena Chalupa at the Atlantic Council. Both Chalupa sisters work directly with the Ukrainian government’s Intel and propaganda arms.
Since 2014 in Ukraine, these are the only OSINT, hacking, Intel, espionage, terrorist, counter-terrorism, cyber, propaganda, and info war channels officially recognized and directed by Ukraine’s Information Ministry. Along with their American colleagues, they populate the hit-for-hire website Myrotvorets with people who stand against Ukraine’s criminal activities.
Alexandra Chalupa hired this particular hacking terrorist group called Fancy Bear by Dimitry Alperovich and Crowdstrike at the latest in 2015. While the Ukrainian hackers worked for the DNC, Fancy Bear had to send in progress reports, turn in research, and communicate on the state of the projects they were working on. Let’s face it, once you’re in, setting up your Fancy Bear toolkit doesn’t get any easier. This is why I said the DNC hack isn’t the big crime. It’s a big con and all the parties were in on it.” & the links:
Within the above “The Ukrainian antipathy for Trump’s team — and alignment with Clinton’s — can be traced back to late 2013.” Ukrainians perhaps bear watching?!
I believe the Chalupa sisters are covered in Apelbaum’s piece too…
Back to Eliason…“Hillary Clinton exposed secrets to hacking threats by using private email instead of secured servers. Given the information provided she was probably being monitored by our intrepid Ruskie-Ukie union made in hell hackers. Anthony Weiner exposed himself and his wife Huma Abedin using Weiner’s computer for top-secret State Department emails. And of course Huma Abedin exposed herself along with her top-secret passwords at Yahoo and it looks like the hackers the DNC hired to do opposition research hacked her.” & the links:
This one is titled “Indict Clinton for the Russian DNC Hack”
More from Eliason…“According to the Washington Post, “Russian government hackers penetrated the computer network of the Democratic National Committee and gained access to the entire database of opposition research on GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, according to committee officials and security experts who responded to the breach.”
In January 2017, criminal proceedings started for Edward Nedelyaev under articles 335 ‘spying’ and 343
‘inciting hatred or enmity.” He was a member of the Aidar battalion. Aidar members have been cited for torture and murder. Although the translation isn’t available on the linked video the MGB (LNR equivalent to the FBI) ask Aidar’s Nedelyaev about his relationship with Ukraine’s SBU. The SBU asked him to hack US presidential candidate Donald Trump’s election headquarters and he refused. Asked if this was through convictions, he says no, explaining that he is not a hacker. The video was published on January 10, 2017.” & the links in order:
This link was also shared above…
The translated title of the above “Conscious of espionage blogger Nedelyev planned to become a pro-Kiev “partisan””
More Eliason…“Here is where it goes from bad to outright Fancy Bear ugly. Hillary Clinton retained State Dept. top secret clearance passwords for 6 of her former staff for research purposes from 2013 through prepping for the 2016 election. Were any foreigners part of the opposition research team for Team Hillary in 2014-2015-2016? The Clinton’s don’t have a history of vetting security issues well.
According to the Politico article, Alexandra Chalupa was meeting with the Ukrainian embassy in June of 2016 to discuss getting more help sticking it to candidate Trump. At the same time she was meeting, the embassy had a reception that highlighted female Ukrainian leaders.
Four Verkhovna Rada deputies there for the event included: Viktoriia Y. Ptashnyk, Anna A. Romanova, Alyona I. Shkrum, and Taras T. Pastukh.
According to CNN, DNC sources said Chalupa told DNC operatives the Ukrainian government would be willing to deliver damaging information against Trump’s campaign. Later, Chalupa would lead the charge to try to unseat president-elect Trump starting on Nov 10, 2016.
Accompanying them Kristina Dobrovolska who was a U.S. Embassy-assigned government liaison and translator who escorted the delegates from Kyiv during their visits to Albany and Washington.
Kristina Dobrovolska is the handler manager working with Ukraine’s DNC Fancy Bear Hackers. She took the Rada members to dinner to meet Joel Harding who designed Ukraine’s infamous Information Policy which opened up their kill-for-hire-website Myrotvorets. Then she took them to meet the Ukrainian Diaspora leader doing the hiring. Nestor Paslawsky is the surviving nephew to the infamous torturer The WWII OUNb leader, Mykola Lebed.” & the links:
The above is also by our author whose work is under examination in this post…& in the above post he included this hilariously deceptive image…
Titled “Connecting the Diaspora to Ukraine’s Monsters Through a Ukrainian Diaspora Handler” or “The Names and Money Behind Ukraine’s ‘Intel for Hire’ Operations” reminiscent of the old Police Squad double moniker!
Here’s a clip from the above link: “Ukraine’s Internet Army which along with Myrotvorets are the first products of his 2015 Ukrainian MIP boasted 40,000 Diaspora volunteer trolls to scour articles and try to destroy journalists that disagreed with Ukraine’s position.
Christina Dobrovolska works directly and indirectly with Ukrainian-American Diaspora leaders including the following:
- Irena Chalupa at Stopfake.com and InformNapalm
Miss Dobrovolska provides both leadership and content for InformNapalm and content for the Ukrainian propaganda push site Stopfake. Irena Chalupa is a Fellow at the Atlantic Council.
- Andrea Chalupa at Euromaidanpress.com
This OUNb publication was started and funded by the Ukrainian Diaspora in 2014. The founder, Ukrainian 17-year-old Sviatoslav Yurash, was rewarded by becoming the Ukrainian World Congress’s Deputy Director in Kiev, Ukraine. Dobrovolska and her InformNapalm crew are contributors and partners to the propaganda rag.
- Alexandra Chalupa –Democratic Party Opposition Research
Over the last 4 years, I’ve researched and written many stories that are still breaking in other media today. I’ve written stories from the front lines in Ukraine as well as showing snapshots of what life is like here. We are breaking the story about who is in charge of Ukraine’s Info Ops in the US.”–this was also written by Eliason…
back to Eliason here “I have no interest in reviewing his history except for a few points. Adam Parkhomenko, a Diaspora Ukrainian nationalist almost gained a position in the presumed Clinton White House. As a Ukrainian nationalist, his first loyalty, like any other Ukrainian nationalist, is to a fascist model of Ukraine which Stepan Bandera devised but with a win it would be in America.” contains this link:
This is an arcived reddit.com thread from 11 months ago…
Here’s an internal quote from Eliason’s article, presumably from the link embedded within “At the same time her aides were creating “loyalty scores”, Clinton, “instructed a trusted aide to access the campaign’s server and download the messages sent and received by top staffers. She believed her campaign had failed her—not the other way around—and she wanted ‘to see who was talking to who, who was leaking to who.2’” After personally reading the email correspondence of her staffers, she called them into interviews for the 2016 campaign, where she confronted them with some of the revelations.”-” that link is:
Here’s the title as given at that site “”When you’re done with a condom, you throw it out”: New book reveals 2016 Hillary campaign was beset by vicious infighting”
& from that site:
At the end of his well reasoned & documented article George Eliason makes a plea for support here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/18632807 Here is what you’ll find there…
- I covered the events of Euro-Maidan early and showed how this event was actually playing out. This included showing how Pravy Sektor was preparing for it the previous August and started the violence at the beginning of the protests to the end with a video of a policeman being killed underneath the stage even as Yulia Tymoshenko and other leaders were electrifying the Maidan crowd just before the coup.
- I wrote quite many breaking stories during that time. I wrote many of the first fact-based stories making it into the west in early 2014 and was able to scoop the rest of the world more than once as the war started in the early spring. Imagine that, alt-news websites scooped MSM about major events.
- I opened up the history of Ukrainian nationalism as well as the politics around it and why it became relevant today for people trying to understand what was going on. It is still a shock for most people that Ukrainian nationalism as it exists today was formulated in Canada and the USA for export to post-1991 Ukraine. My articles have been carried by academic websites like defendinghistory.com. They have been very supportive throughout this time.
- I covered the referendum for federalization in May 2014 for 5 towns. I wrote about the results and the atmosphere going into it. I included an interview with the elusive “little green men” whose existence other journalists were whispering about.
- I reported from the front lines and did early interviews with some of the Donbass Militia leaders like Alexey Mozgovoy as well as the other original commanders and soldiers in Prizrak.
- I was able to do the first cross region passport and weapons check of soldiers in Donbass showing that while there was a small percentage of foreigners, the militias were manned by local people. I interviewed foreign volunteers and even the youngest volunteer in the war.
- I did the passport check and reported from various front-line positions with a collapsed lung. I managed it because every MSM reporter was imagining Russian soldiers were everywhere and not a single one offered any proof. The truth needed to be shown because it was developing into a dangerous situation for all parties. In short, it needed to get done.
In 2015-16 I broke the story of what would become 2017-18’s Russian interference, Russian trolls, and how the Deep State was working to influence policy and election outcomes.
- In March 2015 I wrote long exposes on how the Deep State would be attacking media and work to make independent journalists and publications enemies of the state.
- I showed how Deep State actors were hacking publications and working to undermine the reputations of journalists, publications, and activists.
- I showed how NSA tools were being used by private individuals paid for by political organizations to get rid of its enemies.
- I followed one small Deep State operation from the beginning which showed how easy it was to cut off an alt-media publication from its funding.
- Throughout 2015-2016 I wrote about the events of the war in Donbass. I showed the horrors of the war crimes Kiev’s punisher battalions were perpetrating.
- A couple of the articles helped stop military funding to Ukraine because of Azov Battalion because they were picked up by NGOs.
- More than once I was able to debunk info-war pieces written by hired shills trying to pin Kiev’s actions on people or soldiers that had nothing to do with multiple events.
- In 2016 I exposed how Diasporas were using their major city locations and memberships to bloc-vote a <g>multiplied</g> effect in local, Congressional, and Presidential elections in the US.
- I opened up some insight early in what still has all the makings of a “deep state” coup attempt after the 2016 election.
- I wrote early pieces showing why Crowdstrike was fabricating their assertion that DNC hackers were Russian. I was able to take it far enough to show initial proof for identifying the hackers that were stirring up trouble between the US and Russia. **This will become important again in the near future.
2017 was a difficult year. I had been ignoring the lung collapse for 3 years and kept writing. It got to a point in April that surgery had to happen. It took months to recover from.
- In Jan 2017, I broke the story of Ukrainian interference in the US election. Everyone remembers the Politico article which was written a few days after my last piece connecting the dots. Politico’s looked like a rewrite other than one alternative fact they added.
- I opened up how freely private contractors were using all the Vault 7 tools on fellow citizens in the US for revenge, extra money, or political reasons.
- I showed ultimately it is Team Hillary that is responsible for the DNC hack. * This will get important again at a later date.
- I hammered on Kiev celebrating the year of the UPA which meant celebrating atrocities from WWII.
- For most of the time I was recouping, I started doing write-ups on Quora and am now recognized as an authoritative writer there.
- I wrote articles showing hospital care as a societal measure between Ukraine and Lugansk, LNR and how they look in a side by side comparison.
- I wrote an article series on the Deep State that showed most of it was comprised of hired contractors, not government employees.
- The Deep State contractors were using state sized tools to punish people they think have social media and political influence the private contractors were paid to not like in the US.
- How some of the tools gaining acceptance like the “Hamilton 68 Dashboard” are a ruse to destroy free speech.
- I gave the first of what will be many examples of why Congress and Senate members cannot and will not shake their Diaspora politics and want war with Russia.
Well I hope to run across more of George Eliason’s work for what I’ve see thus far is quite compelling. Perhaps you’d like to dig a little deeper into what he offers too…
…underscoring his picture, which won’t copy, is this telling & in-your-face image!
Here is his Patreon bio from this link: https://www.patreon.com/George_Eliason
Hello and thank you to everyone deciding to support my work. Welcome to my Patreon page!
First off, let me say thank you to all of you who have been supportive for the past 4 years reading my articles and supporting the news and commentary websites that publish them.
I’ve lived in Donbass since 2012, long before the war started. I’ve been researching and writing investigative journalism for many great publications since 2014. I’ve also added news, some Ukraine War frontline war coverage and political analysis to various media sites.
My experience has been the opposite of many journalist efforts that want your patronage. I’m not trying to build something new. I’ve built great relationships with a lot of stellar alternative news publications, editors, and some journalists working in various regions of the world.
I have been able to build a lot of credibility along the way. My articles are cited in academic papers, books about Ukraine, and used by NGO’s as proofs showing the developing humanitarian crises in Donbass and Ukraine.
Just as significantly, I’ve been able to do the same with the search engines. This is important because much of what I write has made it high on the first page of the search engines.
As an example, in early 2018 I was able to uncover who was behind the “Propornot” website trying to blacklist news and opinions websites and journalists in Alternative Media. Behind Propornot is Michael Weiss, InterpreterMag, and the Atlantic Council. Many people have been trying to find out who was behind it for a couple of years now, and I had most of the information in 2017 but lacked the time to get to it.
So, I’d like your support in 2018 to step it up more and bring even more quality journalism and investigations than previous years.
Patrons will get insight into the stories through patron posts and be ahead of the curve.
I honestly believe strong fact-based journalism can save lives and change our world for the better. I hope it’s your belief too.
Thank you for your patronage and friendship going forward!